Provisional Avant-Gardes: Little Magazine Communities from Dada to Digital (Stanford University Press, 2019). [forthcoming in July]
Subsisters: Selected Poems (Belladonna*, 2017)
[full-length translation of poems and prose by Uljana Wolf]
(as editor) The Blind Man (Ugly Duckling Presse, 2017)
This is a facsimile reprint of The Blind Man 1 & 2 and rongwrong, in a boxed set, with an introductory essay, translations by Elizabeth Zuba, Beatrice Wood’s poster for The Blind Man’s Ball, and a fold-out of Man Ray’s Ridgefield Gazook. Review on Hyperallergic.
i mean i dislike that fate that i was made to where (Wonder, 2015), a translation from the German of Uljana Wolf
Fantasias in Counting (BlazeVOX Books, 2014)
Currently & Emotion, ed. by Sophie Collins (Test Centre, 2016), listed as one of TLS’s Books of the Year: this experimental translation anthology includes my translation of Uljana Wolf’s ‘Annalogue on Oranges’
My Little Enlightenment Plays
A series of three keenly unfaithful ‘translations’ of—or star-gazing conversations with—some Enlightenment tragedies, pseudo-scientific writings, and philosophical treatises by Friedrich Schiller, Denis Diderot, Margaret Cavendish, Bernar Fontenelle, Goethe, Lessing, Gellert, Olympe de Gouges, among others. I was interviewed about the project for 3:AM. The second piece, Les Bijoux Indiscrets, or, Paper Tigers, was published by Gauss PDF in June 2017. An extract from Emilia Galotti’s Colouring Book of Feelings appeared in Feminist Temporalities.
My Little Enlightenment Plays: A Lecture Performance will appear as a risograph artist book/chapbook, designed by Jack Henrie Fisher, for Other Forms in April 2019.
OUT OF PRINT
12 Steps (Cambridge: Wide Range, 2012)
Aesthetic Failings, or A Dialogue, with Anna Moser, part of a collaborative two-year project.
- Review of Meat on the Galatea Resurrects blog, online (Mar 2018).
- Review of Les Bijoux Indiscrets, or, Paper Tigers in Hix Eros 8 reviewed by Sophie Mayer (Mar 2018), pp. 56-59 of the PDF.
- Review of Subsisters in Boston Review (January 2018).
- Review of Meat, in Tripwire 13: Dialogues, pp. 141-144 of the PDF.
- Review of Subsisters: Selected Poems, by Mónica de la Torre, at Harriet.
- Review of Meat: Joseph Persad, ‘deeply clueless: consuming Sophie Seita’s Meat’, Tears in the Fence, 65 (Winter/Spring 2017).
- Review of Meat by Sarah Hayden, published in Hix Eros 7 (Aug 2016).
- Nice shout-out from the wonderful Susan Bernofsky about my translations over at fanzine.
- Review of i mean i dislike that fate that i was made to where by Joshua Daniel Edwin, Music & Literature (January 2016).
- Review of i mean i dislike that fate that i was made to where, Publisher’s Weekly (Jan 2016).
- i mean is listed as one of the 50 best books published in 2015, reviewed on Flavorwire.
- Review of Fantasias in Counting, by Ian Brinton, for Tears in the Fence (May 2015).
- Review of Fantasias in Counting, by Kristina Marie Darling, for Bookslut (June 2014): http://www.bookslut.com/poetry/2014_06_020690.php
- Review of ‘Quick Second—No Replacements’, by Michael Tencer on No Prizes #1 & #2’ in Hix Eros, 5 (September 2014), pp. 28-40.
- Review by David Grundy of a reading and magazine launch (February 2012): http://streamsofexpression.blogspot.com/2012/02/one-star-launch-cambridge-25th-february.html